Recycled "Lucky" Door Decoration
Super-easy and totally free St. Patrick's Day Door Decoration
- cardboard or foam core board
- re-usable grocery bags in shades of green
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Duck tape
- green ribbon
1. Cut out 3 heart shapes from cardboard. Or cut 1 clover shape.
2. If using 3 heart shapes, layer them in a clover shape and tape together with Duck tape (this will be the back, so it doesn't have to look pretty).
3. Cut grocery bags into strips about 1.5-inch wide and 2.5-inch long (this is not an exact science, variation is good)
4. Using hot glue attach strips to cardboard in a scrunched-up, ruffly manner until entire surface is covered. My method: put several dots of glue, attach several strips (repeat).
5. For the stem, cut a piece of cardboard in the desired shape. Wrap with green ribbon and attach to back of shamrock with Duck tape.
6. Using a pencil, poke a hole through the cardboard and the center top of the shamrock, about 1.5-inch down. Thread a piece of ribbon through, tie into a loop, and use to hang shamrock.
- Safety First: If you do this with kids, be careful with the hot glue!!
- Alternative Materials: You could use tissue paper, wrapping paper, or fabric for a similar effect.
If you try this project, please share a picture with us! Email JPG to addingtothebeauty (at) gmail (dot) com